Saturday 24 October 2009

A quiet weekend

Its quiet for a change, after the last few weekends where we were so busy with too much chaos, in a nice way of course. But not without the highlight of today's event. Hubby and I went to JPD after our usual weekend breakfast and tried to find out more about tendering for a number for our new car. We were not familiar with it but we were thinking of taking a "nicer to look at" number for the car. But the number we wanted were not out for tender yet so we just need to go back to JPD next week and see what we can do.

Had to go to the insurance company as well and renew the insurance for our Rexton which is due this month. Went with the new car of course but I am just so pissed with the condition of our road. They are really filthy with muds and debris. Especially so when it rains, which it does today and the new car was covered with mud. I cant wait for the road renovation to be finished which I think few months to go yet, sigh!

Apart from that, its been low pace. I am reading a book titled "Sun at Midnight" this week and hoping to get it done by next. As always I enjoy the story line. I learned new things every time I read a new book and thats what I love about reading. This book is about a trip to Antarctica. About self preseverence and determination. And it has its own share of romance which I always like to read in a book. And I am hoping to encounter an happy ending soon.

I am thinking of baking a Blueberry cheesecake tomorrow. I have the recipe and itching to try it out. But when I think about it, if I bake one, then we need to eat and finish it. And you all know how rich and fattening a cheesecake can be. I am so not in the mood to eat the whole acuan of cheesecake, definitely way too much. So I decided against it until I can bring the cake over somewhere and share it with family. So keep that on hold for now.

My girl is busy with her studies these days. Her final exam is on monday and she spents most of her time in her room and be stressful. Dont like that very much and I am worried about her. But I am sure she will cope just fine, just like she did every time. She made me promise we WILL NOT go out tomorrow, lol. She said she needs to concentrate and rather be home and revise than out wondering at the mall or somewhere else. So we gotta do that. I know this exam is important so will try our best to comply to her, for a change lol.

No comments: