Monday 19 October 2009

Papadom

We watched Papadom the movie on Saturday and I have to say I really liked the movie. I am not a big fan of Malaysian movies. I never went to any except to a very few. And I don’t even remember the last time I saw a Malaysian movie in the theatre. I don’t find Malaysian movie very entertaining at all. They are dull, loud, no sense and value at all. That’s my perception, never enjoyed it. But this movie is so different. I didn’t plan to go and watched it but I saw a short preview on tv the other night and thought I would give this movie a try! And I am not disappointed.

Afdlin Shauki was brilliant. He thinks outside the box for this movie. I so like it. I didnt even watch any of his movie prior to this although I know he has done quite alot of movies over the years. This movie has a good combo of sadness and humour. I googled some pictures today and found this on Afdlin blog. And what he said in his blog touches my heart. Even watching the movie invited an element of sadness in me. I was really overcame by emotion. Its all about fatherly love, I can relate to that but in the context of a motherly love. A strong and pure love to the only daughter he ever had, like me. How he tried to protect her from all the bad things in life. I like what he said in the movie. He loves his daughter to the max and he means well with all his actions. But sometimes the things he do to to show his love and care are not acceptable and wrong. So he said, even if he means well if his way of doing it is wrong, its still a no go.

He mentioned that this movie is all about him. How he perceives his life and how his family would end up if he continues to do what he does today. Its not easy to divide your time between family and work especially if you are workaholic like him.


Hubby gave it a 6 out of 10 but I gave a full thumbs up and gave it 8 out of 10. And after the movie hubby suggested we go to the Indian restaurant (the one we always go to in KB) and order a papadom!! LOL.
My girl has no comment but seemed to enjoy it as much as we did. I would suggest you guys watch this movie. You wont regret it. I know I wont. I even love the song, lol.



No comments: