Tuesday 6 October 2009

Holland, anyone?


My brother is going this weekend. I am so jealous! lol. He was sent by his ministry to attend a workshop organised by WHO. He will be there a week.

He will go on his own. He invited us to go with him but its a bit of a drag for us, not after NZ and the cancelled trip to KL! We need to save up, I tell you. He wanted us to go since we've been there before, amid a long time ago. 9 years to be exact. Thats when hubby was sent for a course in Amsterdam and we went along with him.

It was indeed a pretty country, very cold but beautiful, although it almost summer at that time. I still remember vividly since it was a new experience for me too. Although its a long flight and I was a nervous wreck due to the newness of it all. Not used to the weather and the jet lag. But we managed to make full use of the visit and went to various interesting places, including Madurodum where there were small replica of the whole city. Very nice. We used the train and we used the bus. Even then, hubby was already very resourceful which worked very nicely to our advantage. I wish I could publish some of our Holland photos here but I dont have the digital pictures back then. Those were the days when internet and digital pictures are still in its infancy in Brunei. What a shame.

My brother was excited, this will be his first time to Holland. I hope he will have fun although he will be on his own without his family. We warned him about the weather though, and what to expect. Like its not easy to find food to eat since we are Muslim. So we recommended him to bring our electrical stove him for him to cook some rice or eggs. And I am sure he will survive on fruits and vegetables, lol. He borrowed some of our winter clothing as well. I know he didnt need to buy those where he can always borrow from us. Hey now he can save and spend his winter clothing allowance on other things, for sure!

Anyway, have fun Wang! Make full use of your trip, although I doubt it if you have the time. Its not as if you are on holiday, hahaha. But you might as well enjoy your time there.

No comments: