Friday 9 October 2009

Important Message


I am looking forward to this. I think this is the first time my Company is organizing such an event. I hope I can attend, and nothing (work wise) will hinder me from going. I know this is a very important topic and must be known and fully embraced by all women. As we all know, breast cancer is amongst the most common cancer attacking women. And it has the highest death rate too. Very scary. It is like a parasite, you wont know it if you are not aware of it (until its too late). But as far as I know, knowledge is power and you should know your own body. All you need to do is to be aware of any changes to your breast. Check for any lumps, no matter how small and if there is any discharge. And how the breast look like is important too. Well, does it look any difference from previously.

This is going to be all day event and one of the agenda will be talks and Q&A session with BSP own cancer survivors. This should be interesting. Real life experience is the best. You get to hear it first hand. So surely a very important info. I know a few friends who are cancer survivors. I also know a few friends who has ovary or cervic cancers. I salute them, they are all one tough cookies. Some people thought cancer is like a death sentence for someone, I thought so too. If its not detected earlier it could be it. That’s why knowledge is power, so very important to know your own body and find out more of the disease. What I mean is to be proactive. Find out as much as you can. Know your own body.

I also been an ardent reader of some cancer survivor blogs around the world. Some have survived it, some has a recurrences, some just found out about it and under treatment. They have gone through a lot. I think I did blog about this a few months back, the fact that I am counting my blessing everyday. I know I have some issues in my life but compared to them, its really is nothing. They suffer a lot more than me so there. I have definitely stopped complaining from then on lol.

So Allah, please help us. Please protect us from all the bad things in life. Amin.






No comments: