Thursday 29 October 2009

My cup of coffee

Today started rather slowly. Wished my 3rd brother happy birthday for his 36th birthday today, wish him the best of everything in life. May Allah bless you and your family. In a way, I feel closer to him since we are basically on the same boat. He invited us for dinner at his home tonight so I look forward to that with family. Hope it wont be raining tonight ;-)

Nothing much going on, except I had another presentation to do with the HP management. As usual it went well. I didn’t feel nervous or anything of that sort anymore, its just work. And it was all over in less than half an hour. Bought packed lunch today since hubby was busy with work too. So had my lunch in the office and I had cravings for coffee all of a sudden. I don’t know where it all come from, I feel I just need a cup. So I asked our tea lady to get me one cup of hot water. I have to ask from her since we are not allowed to go to the kitchen, (company policy, nothing personal, more to HSE requirements and nothing else). And make my own cup of coffee on my table from my pre-packed 3 in 1 we bought in NZ. You wont believe this…, I still have that box of Mocha Coffee we bought while we were on holiday. In June. It’s a very nice coffee and we don’t have that brand here in Brunei so we bought a few packs last time. I brought one pack to the office since it was so nice but I don’t drink it all these time since I am cutting down on my caffeine so I still have it in my drawer. Rather have it there in my drawer on standby actually, when this kind of situation persists and when my cravings knock on my door so this is what I would do. Grab it and have a cup, after 4 months!!

It feels like heaven, it always does. Coffee is wonderful. Hot or cold. I just love coffee but haven’t had one full cup for a very long time, except occasional sip from hubby’s coffee if he offers me, lol. Or on our occasional visits to The Coffee Bean in the office and I ordered the ever so nice caramel blended ice, but it does have 500 calories in it! WTF.

So that’s it, I enjoy it while it lasts. No more coffee for me until I don’t know when. And the tea lady wont have to worry about me asking for another cup. I don’t usually ask for anything from her except for my occasional white tea at 7.00 in the morning. By right I should get 3 cups of drinks per day in the office, like everyone else, but I’ve been trying to cut down on my sugar and caffeine intake for the past year or so, I stick to water for now and for later too (may be).

Oh I am happy today to hear my girl is doing well with her exam. She told me exam was ok so I hope she will get good result too. I know she has done her best so its all up to her to gain that spot again. I will pray for her to do well of course.

So Ayang, if you read this. You can have a free afternoon today and enjoy whatever you do until tomorrow, Saturday is still another exam day right?? Don’t forget tonight we will go and visit Uda for his birthday ;-)

No comments: