Saturday 5 September 2009

Blessful Ramadan

We are 2 weeks into the holy month of Ramadan. Alhamdulilah. At least we all can fast in not so much hardship. Its smooth sailing and we have been blessed with good health. We havent got any difficulties whatsoever, although hubby sometimes on complaining of stomach ache. But it is not serious, he is ok and still manage to fast without any difficulty. Maybe too much eating or his tummy is not used to eating at dawn. What with my oily cooking and all. So I suggested to him maybe we could take something light for a change. Maybe we just take bread and oats for sahur. See if his tummy agrees. Well, we do take rice and oats for sahur but maybe we should omit the fried chicken! For me, its not really a problem. No real harship. I know I have been blessed. I can eat any time in a day or night!


My dad used to tease me about that when we stayed with them before. I remember when we woke up for sahur I always was the first one who dug the rice bowl and eat, always had the appetite. Whereas the rest of the family struggled to put the spoon into their mouth. Its not easy to have your meals at 3 oclock in the morning right after you were asleep. But for me, its as easy as any time of the day. Alhamdulilah. My girl is ok with sahur too. She is not like any other teenagers who are so difficult to rise after a deep sleep. All I need to do is a little shake on her shoulder and she is all up and ready to brush her teeth and have her meal. She is a good girl too, having been fasting for the whole of 2 weeks without fail. Alhamdulilah. May Allah bless us all with continous easiness and good health so that we could finish the whole month of Ramadan. Then only the Hari Raya celebration means a lot more.


Before Ramadan came, I was determined to do all the good deeds the Ramadan could offer. I know its a blessful month, Allah gives abundance of blessings and Rahmah. So I wanted to grap all those. Its not easy but I do what I can do. We live only once and we never know whether we would be here to observe this holy month again next year. Life for me can be so fragile. You dont have to be old and grey to pass on. Its now or never. I try to keep that in mind.


I also remember that if you give food or meals to others during the month of Ramadan then in a way, the pahala of those people will be pass on to you as well. Its a powerful blessings so yesterday I did that to all my work mates in the office amid its just a small bowl of bubur pedas for everyone. The most important thing was I did it with ikhlas and to get Rahmah from Allah.


And I am happy. I embrace life to the fullest. I love my family. And I am ever so grateful for this blessing. I hope we will continue to do well in life and we will be resilient and tough facing what life has to offer. Alhamdulilah.


No comments: