Sunday 20 September 2009

Reading is fun!

This runs in the family. My girl and me love to read so much. Between us we have read lots of books and magazines. I have tonnes of books and magazines stuck away in my closet. I love reading since I was young. I started when I was in my teens, I spent all my money on books and did a lot of reading during my spare time. Now my girl is doing it too. She always spend hours and hours in her bedroom reading, beside on her computer that is. In fact its so much fun to be engrossed in your own world with books in your hands.

My girl and I always go for an outing and search for books. Our favourite bookstores are Reader's Heaven or Best Eastern. We even went to bookstores when we were travelling, like recently in New Zealand we went to a few well known bookstores and bought a few books and it was great. I even bought more than 10 magazines in NZ alone. We even bought books and magazines in every airport we arrived in! We are like children given candy when we were in a bookstore. Our eyes lit up to see the books. Thats how addicted we are.

Life will never be the same without reading for me. I must have some reading materials beside my bed on my bedside stand all the time. Usually thats the first thing I reach when I woke up during weekends when dot dot dot and the last thing I put down when retiring for the night. I dont know what to do with my eyes when I am not reading. I will feel lost and feel like something is missing.

Hubby and I had a conversation the other day. I cant remember what triggered it but we talked about being alone and loneliness. We were talking about someone who we thought was lonely and that triggered him/her to do certain things, sometimes bad. Then I said I would never get lonely even when I am alone. When I do feel lonely that I just go to my book and read. The minute I reach for my book and read, then there are people around me. People from the book hahaha. They are there with me, conversing, doing something and getting busy. And I feel like I was there too with them observing whats going on. So I wouldnt feel lonely anymore. I am in the book character world and they are usually fun to be with, sometimes sad to be with, with various problems and life experience. I can stay like that for hours and hours, immensed and engrossed in that world from the book. And I enjoyed that very much. So there is no such thing as lonely.

For now, I am reading two books, called Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber and A sense of Belonging from Erica James. They are great books and I enjoyed reading them immensely. I havent finished them yet but I am already looking forward to reading my next book which I dont know what yet. Its a mystery too, what to read on my next book!

No comments: