Saturday 29 August 2009

Ideas pouring in.

I just spent two hours on the internet trying to look for some decorating ideas for our living room. Today the painting was done. Its now a whole new living room. I love the colour, its a bit dark but cozy and intimate. Now all the living room need is some freshen up. So what I did today was re arranging the furniture a bit, pulling down the pictures on the walls and moving them about. There are still some empty space on the wall so I think we need to go out and look for some beautiful pictures so the wall dont look too bare.


I've came to know that its not easy to decorate a wall. Our house has this big abundance of wall which is so difficult to decorate, and the living room is L shape. So what I try to do is to divide the space to a few sitting arrangements. I came up with 3 divisions of the living room with a few chairs/sofas and coffee tables close together to create intimate looking set up. And one area which acts as a tv room, well, this already exist even before the new paint but I remodel the space a bit so it does look a bit different.


Now what we need is some pictures for the wall. I am thinking the pictures need to be white in colour to create some contrast. Pictures of flowers would be very nice. And hubby commented that the curtains look out of place. Our curtains are maroon and our living room is pottery colour so they do look odd together. We need light colour curtains so we decided to make a new ones in a few days. Then our living room transformation will be complete!


I dont really want to spend too much on the decorations. All I need is just a new coat of paint since the original paints are mostly faded. But it is really tempting to buy a few more furniture to compliment the living room. So I dont know yet. Its hard to resist when the idea comes pouring in.


Since I know nothing compete the feeling of having a fresh and renew looking living room. Its the best!

No comments: