Tuesday 4 January 2011

Mangrove Paradise Resort

Over the long weekend, my family and I went to the Mangrove Paradise Resort in Jalan Kota Batu, as recommended by my dad who obviously have been there before!  I've heard about it but havent been there at all.  Its a newly opened resort, maybe over a year old.  We never been there so when my dad invited us to join them for lunch, we didnt turn down the offer.  

The journey to the paradise resort took about half an hour from our home,  which was about 25km in distance.  Its quite a long journey for us and it was very hot in the afternoon, but when we reached there it was quite cool and windy.  So its a lovely afternoon.  My sister in law told us there were about 20 rooms to let and the rental was quite cheap for B$70 per night.   I think the location is good, although quite far from town, its a cute little resort with about 20 rooms with restaurants which offered fresh sea food.  The scenery was good too, there was even 2 swimming pools and they also offers fishing with a fee!

Lunch was great, I enjoyed the food, (hubby was a bit dissapointed with the beef curry hehe).  And it didnt cost so much too. 

We didnt get to see the rooms but maybe one day we will stay there and see how it felt like to sleep over the water like it was used to be when we stayed in Kampong Air lol.

The resort

Along the walkway to the main building where the restaurant and reception were.

At the lobby area, I think!

Scenery from the restaurant, on the left hand side were the rooms
 


The play area for kids

At the washing area.

The restaurant offers room for mothers and babies

Those were my SIL and her kids
The menu

Ready to order

Lunch


Time to dig in

The beef curry

Butter Prawns

Aspharagus

Sweet and sour fish

Black pepper crabs


My girl with baby Aiezul

Looking at the fish, reminded me of Manukan!


Time to go home

No comments: