Wednesday 12 January 2011

First day at PTEK

Today is Ayang first day at PTEK.  I was a bit worried about traffic to get there at first.  Since I knew the traffic was horrendous at this part of Brunei every peak hours.  So we woke up early and ready by 6.30am and hit the road.  We picked up the pace and when we reached the Jangsak Junction, the road was already jammed with cars.  But to my surprise, although there were jams but we did manage to reach the school in 20 minutes time!  The journey was uneventful, it was smooth, the movement was not that slow and we reached the school at 6.50am, way too early for the required time for her to attend the gathering at 7.30am.  Alhamdulilah.

I waited with her in the car for about 10minutes at the carpark, there were already lots of students around.  But she didn see any of her friends and that made her more nervous.  I think she didnt like that feeling very much, I knew she was overwhelmed with the whole thing, which is understandable of course.  I encouraged her to go and mingled, I am sure there was someone she knew amongst all those crowd.  So off she went to start her first day.  And I went off my way to work and arrived later than usual!

Picked up Ayang from school at around 3.45pm, hoping she had a good day and good lunch.  As a parent, thats the most important thing for me, that she was fed well, safe and sound and had a good day.  I left work early to go to her school actually because my office network system was down since the morning.  Meaning we couldnt do any work since most of our work are in the computer system so we had lots of free time in the office today.  Then I found out, there was a black out at the whole of Seria and KB and power hasnt been restored as we speak, thus making the network down!  So it was really serious.  I just hope things will go back to normal tomorrow otherwise I wouldnt know what I would do with all that time in the office.  I wonder whats going on in KB?

Anyway, Ayang told me her day which was rather special (except for lunch, she said the food was tasteless!).  They had two weeks programme lined up.  For the first week, it was all about motivation, encouragement and lesson on how to managed their time, how to study and use the library and so on.  Then on the 2nd week, it will be about department briefings and tourings of classes.  Which I think will be the most enjoyable since they will get to know the classes, the rooms, galleries, conference rooms, science labs and so on.  They were all divided into 4 groups and she was in Group 1.  She noticed also most of the students are from her school which made up may be about 60%?  I could tell it was true from the programme book and list of names in the groups.  So bravo to Ayang school for doing a good job!  I wonder when the result will be off.  I've heard rumours that it may come out in the next couple of days.  Even Ayang told me, of the teachers mentioned it will come out on the 24th January.  Well.. thats like next week.  No wonder Ayang is a nervous wreck!

So tomorrow will be another day.  We'll see if we get lucky again and able to reach the school on time.


The traffic as usual at Jalan Jangsak  Although it was a long queue it didnt slow us down very much and we were able to reach the school early.

But look at the road leading up to PTEK - empty!

Students drop off point.

This will be the place I drop Ayang off every day from now on.

No comments: