Thursday 20 January 2011

"Jam shocked"

Is that even a word? lol...

The traffic jam in Brunei is really getting into my nerve.  Especially during peak hours.  No matter how much I tried to avoid it, its always hits me right on in the face.  Literally. Its very stressful and I have just been working in Bandar full time for about 3 weeks but how I miss the road in Seria.  I am really having a nervous breakdown with all these jams.  So not used to it, although me and hubby know about the kind of jam in Brunei, from the news, friends, relatives and on our saturday morning breakfasts, but still, its kind of a wake up call that I think the government need to do something about it.  The police has done their part every day controlling the flow but its just simply not enough.  What we really need is a good wide road!  Especially around our area where it hit the worst.  Brunei roads just couldnt cope with the number of vehicles using the roads every single minutes and seconds. 

So I am kind of getting "jam shocked" as opposed to cultural shock (thats where I derived the words from though, not sure its even recognised in the Oxford dictionary, hehe).  I was working in Seria for 20 years.  Apart from the mild (?) jam in Sungai Liang, its very smooth flow.  There was no jam in Seria or KB town so I am not used to this just yet.  Well.. maybe a little, around the school area maybe?  I keep on telling myself I will get used to this in a while and I really hope I will.  Not that I am complaining, as I said its been a blessing to be working near to home, and its been so good so far.  But the traffic jam is just killing me!  So I guess 2011 hasnt started as smooth as I expect.  But nothing I couldnt handle so thats good.

No comments: