Wednesday 5 January 2011

The 2010 Chronicles

January - The year started off a bit shaky, it rained! We were worried the same thing happened again like it was in 2009, remember the heavy flooding? But Alhamdulilah, with the newly improved drainage, worries were lifted. We anticipated this gonna be a busy year too with our daughter would be having her O level exam.

February - My birth month, received lovely greetings from family and birthday cakes and dinners (two infact, one from hubby and one from my parents). Arrived in office and surprised with a birthday gift from hubby! Our daughter started her tuition at R&R. And went for a short trip to Kuching with my parents.

March - Hubby bought a new MacBook Pro which becomes his bestfriend! lol. Its really cool and I like Apple now too, although sometimes it’s a bit hard to maneuver since we were so used to PC. A big celebratory makan at the office organized by the management, for the job well done in 2009. There was also an announcement of our retirement age now moved up to 60. Mixed reactions from most people, which unarguably understandable. We also took up a good offer for Cancer pre screening test in JPMC.

April - Our daughter bought a new Ipod. Hubby took me to celebrate BFF 3rd anniversary at the beach although I didn’t enjoy myself very much. Attended the cancer pre screening test and Alhamdulilah both hubby and my tests came back negative.

May - Our daughter’s 16th birthday which we celebrated at home with a Doa Selamat. My 20th year with BSP. I was presented with a certificate and B$2,000 in cash. We also attended my dad’s long lost brother’s daughter wedding this month in KB.

June - My mom’s birthday which we celebrated with a birthday lunch, then we all went for a big photo session at Jame Asri, it was a fun and noisy afternoon as usual. The biggest news of all was, HM the Sultan divorced his 2nd wife this month.

July - Helped the folks to clear off the empty house, before the next tenant coming in. Went to KK for another short holiday. Me and hubby took part in Amateur Photography competition held by the Empire Hotel and submitted our photographs. Spain won the world cup for 2010.

August - Hubby’s birth month and since it fell on Ramadan we had a sumptuous breaking the fast dinner at Barbeque and Charcoal. And hubby won 2nd runner-up at the Amateur photography competition! Our daughter had her qualifying examh to decide whether she will be eligible to go for the big O level exam. She passed with flying colours and the worry now was with the actual exam.  Also found out, our aunt’s house was burnt down on fire this month.

September - Its Hari Raya and another two birthday celebrations, this time for my dad and brother. We had a scare with Robbie when she refused to eat for 2 days but it turned out all was ok in the end. Our daughter in full swing preparations for her exam. And one big news for me, received the most anticipated news, I got a new job and its in BSB!

October - Attended D’s wedding at JPCC. Started doing handover with my new department in BSB. So happy doing it since I will not be commuting anymore, but at the same time a bit sad when hubby still has to travel. And gonna miss our daily lunch. Our daughter started her O level exam and we were all hoping for the best. We also heard about the leaked question paper. One of my brother’s birthday also this month.

November - Another birthday celebrant, my youngest brother. Took full responsibility of the new job since the person I was replacing has gone, although I still had to divide my time between the new job and the old one. I felt it was very inconvenience and difficult to focus but I took it to stride and didn’t make a big deal out of it. I took part in the interview of my post and didn’t really fancy both candidates. Took hubby to see my new office. We also tried the new Excapade Sushi in town. Our daughter’s exam was over, and she (and her friends) were elated. She also took part in Khatamal Quran at her school. We heard the Royal announcement from England on Prince William engagement and wedding. I’ve been thinking about a friend who I haven’t met or heard of for 20 years.

December - My replacement was identified, didn’t expect it to be her but I didn’t say anything. Didn’t really care who, as long as there was someone to replace me, yes!... i am THAT desperate hehe. I am now officially moving into my new department which was such a relieved. We also found out our daughter was selected as one of the students who were chosen to study in PTEK although the O level exam result hasn’t came out yet. Went to two trips this month with family. We had a fun holiday in Singapore and KK. Spent a quite night on new years eve and look forward to a more enjoyable and blissful 2011…

No comments: