Friday 6 August 2010

Ramadan Oh Ramadan

Why is it that every time Ramadan is around the corner, everyone is rushing to have a big makan in the office? Today I have 3 invitations for breakfast (1 invitation from hubby’s office which I had to turn down since I just couldn’t fit in more food!) I welcome the rezeki of course, but what seems so strange to me is when everyone was saying, oh.. we need this makan because Ramadan is coming and we wont be able to eat anything. Is that really so? Personally I don’t really agree with this statement. Since from my observation, Ramadan is a feast time, time to indulge. Restaurants and gerais were packed. Most people go out and look for whatever food they desire. Which is usually out of context. Of course we don’t eat during the day, but when it comes to breaking the fast, we usually consume so much more than usual.

I just don’t want people to forget the real meaning of Ramadan. Its time to reflect and time for renewal and time to rededicate one self to Allah by our deeds and actions. And I see it as a mistake if people just focus on food and hunger and forget the true meaning of Ramadan. I know people should perform more Ibadah because you will get rewarded more during this month.

We look forward to Ramadan actually. Even Ayang cant wait for Ramadan to come. I am sure all Muslims in the world are waiting for it with open and pure heart. It is a special month. I intend to fully embrace Ramadan and fulfill my obligations as a muslim by fasting for the whole month (except on those off day of course). We will do it with open heart, start the first day of Ramadan with Sahur. I plan to eat less rice for sahur but will take our multi vitamins as usual and drink Oats. Maybe fruit juice too. I find these are good food to take because it will sustain us from hunger for the day.

So Alhamdulilah. May Ramadan this year brings all the Rahmah and Berakah we always sought from Allah the Al Mighty, Insya Allah.

No comments: