Sunday 22 August 2010

Acar Daging

I wonder if this is a new dish introduced in town. We came to know about it in our office "For Sale" website. Its a cool place by the way, business flourishes there, everybody can sell anything under the sun and the customers are BSP people as well ;). They were sold by a friend so we opted to try it out and see how it taste like. All this time we only knew about acar timun, acar buah, acar limau, etc but not ACAR DAGING!

It costs B$10 per container as below. A bit expensive right? But I think reasonable enough since it is beef/meat. And I didnt know what to expect when I first saw it, it looked a bit fatty and the friend told me to heat it up before eating. Hubby asked if it should be eaten cold but no, definitely need reheating otherwise it doesnt taste so good frozen. I tried it out and it was really good, after reheating it. I asked the friend earlier what it tastes like, and she said, imagine acar timun but instead of timun its meat! LOL. Its not too bad actually. I will ask hubby to taste it later and see what he says!

This is what it looks like, doesnt look very appertising but it was really good.



P/S. Sorry about the pictures. This is using our Sony Cybershoot, no quality at all ;(

No comments: