Monday 2 August 2010

Kek Vico

My hubby and I decided to bake Kek Vico in the weekend. This is very sudden. We didn’t plan it and it was hubby's idea. He told me he was interested to try it out, he loves the cake but it was a bit too expensive when he order it from a friend. He thought it was a simple process and it cost around B$25 per tray. We knew about this cake since last year, it was rather popular and very nice to eat, amid sometimes very sweet. I agreed to the idea of course, I actually love to bake and interested to bake lots of stuff. But the problem is no body will eat it in the end. Well... I don’t think we can finish one whole try of cake, just the 3 of us, so I usually didn’t do alot of baking.

He searched the recipe from the internet and got it. (Oh how I love the internet, its very easy to find stuff, its all in your fingertips!). So off we went to buy all the ingredients and started to work on it in the afternoon. He was right it didn’t take long to make. Hubby took control of the wok and cooked the mix while I helped to prepare all the ingredients like mixing all of them. We only spent about half and hour in the kitchen and we didn’t even have to use the oven or mixer. Very easy. And the end product was awesome. It was delicious too. Ayang (our daughter) loved it and said I was a good cook, but I told her hubby made it hahaha.

The ingredients required to make Kek Vico - Vico, Nestum, Horlick, Butter, Eggs, Sugar, sweet milk and Biskut Marie

The mixture cooked in the wok. Hubby did this all by himself.

A new cook in the making! hehe

The almost finished end product. The end product - after keeping it in the fridge for a few hours.


No comments: