Friday 18 June 2010

Photography

I suddenly have this sudden interest in photography. I mean very strong interest. Not just randomly taking photos but more to really learn all the different aspect of operating a camera. Like understand what aperture and shutter speed are. How to use them wisely and take advantage of it and get a good photo. Hubby is already a good photographer and he learnt everything from scratch on his own free time. For him it seems so easy but when he taught me a bit here and there, it sounded so hard. But I am getting there, slowly! Hubby has a good knowledge on how to get good photos and I am impressed with that. I like taking pictures but mine was aimless! I mean I don’t follow any theme. I don’t use any creativity or any special angle. Its like bam.. bam.. bam. And thats my photos hahaha.

But now.. its like I want to go in depth what photography is all about. What can I achieve? What are the satisfaction. Use the creativity and use my talent, if I have one, that is lol.

And of course, I need a good camera to achieve this. Although not necessarily the most expensive one! Because from what I read, its not the most expensive camera the key to have good photos but its more to the photographer’s eye, her passion and an interesting angle. A good light is important too and of course if I have some good formal training and a little technology also helps.

Since a few months ago, I’ve been looking at a few photographer websites and like one the most. She is from the US and a very talented photographer. She inspired me to venture into this amazing world of pictures. Her pictures are really good and I wish I could do the same like her.

http://www.kellehampton.com/

I don’t know when I want to venture into this just yet. For starter, I need to get a new camera for myself. A good one. My Sony Cybershot doesnt count I think! hahaha. And this is not cheap. Need lots of thinking. Although I cant wait to share notes with hubby. So for now, I am exploring some possibilities. What camera model I want to get and read some reviews, seek hubby advise and starts from there.

Although... I am more incline to go for this camera. Read some good reviews of it and it seems genuinely possible to handle by an amateur like me.


No comments: