Friday 11 June 2010

The Karate Kid the movie

Another girly outing with my daughter today and watched the movie. Its really cool to have this movie so early, its the same release date as in the US! I kind of like it, there were some hilarious scenes as usual and Will Smith's son is so cute and talented too. Of course we all know Jackie Chan, he has taken the character of Mr Han the Kung Fu master.

Well.. there are some confusion there, I even noticed it before I read the review. The movie is called The Karate Kid right? But Mr Han didnt teach karate but kung fu. Dont you think the movie should be called The Kung Fu Kid? hahaha... I dont know this will create reactions from people but I guess there were some hidden plots somewhere. People come to the theatre to watch the Karate Kid, I am sure these people are fans of the original movies but will they get dissapointed with the twist?

Its a good movie though, its all happened in China. And its in Beijing! Another thing that made me wanted to watch it. We had a wonderful holiday in China and I just wanted to watch some of their historical places again and I was not dissapointed. Its about this young American boy and his single mother re-located to China. He does not like the whole idea of moving to another country. Not to mention that he is having a really hard time coping because he does not know how to speak Chinese. Being a stranger to a country with a different culture, he quickly picks up trouble from the local bully and his friends. This is where Jackie Chan comes in as he saves him from getting beaten by these kids.

I think the movie is light, not very dramatic, simple plot. Some good laughs here and there, some violent scenes especially on the bully. But Jaden made the movie interesting with his tactics, face expressions and his inocence. I think he will become a good movie actor just like his dad. So watch it if you have some free time to spare.

And just for my own nostalgic mood of our trip to the great wall of China where this film was produced.

No comments: