Saturday 1 May 2010

Paddy Field

The internet is super duper slow today, aaah.... Are we not living in the 21st century? where everything is fast and furious? No, not in Brunei apparently. Very frustrating.

Anyway, today I just want to post something interesting that my daughter has participated in. She went to the paddy field with her friends from school organised by the teachers. This is her first hand experience being in the field and saw for herself how paddy looks like and how they are planted. The field concerned was in Kg Batong, 170 hectres and belonged to a ex Brunei Shell employee. My daughter told me that and when I saw her video of the person, I then knew who he was. We were from the same department before, he quit his job in 2009, and lo and behold, without us all knowing, venture into this business. He is now basically a farmer and a paddy planter, which I think will become a paddy businessman one day. Gotta tell hubby about this. We both are so into business these days and I feel like everyone now is doing that and I felt so left out.

Enough of that, thats just me, rambling again, its a good experience for my daughter to witness this first hand. To even go into the mud and plant the paddy, I havent done that myself! So its good fun for her although she told me she fell into the mud and got all her unifrom dirty, hahaha.

Here are some pictures taken from her camera....




No comments: