Friday 30 April 2010

The tests and x-rays

We went to JPMC for our next appointment yesterday. It was going to be quite late in the afternoon, we were so full of anticipations. I know I was, not sure about hubby. He looked just the same, thats what I love about him. He can take things on his own stride, no worry at all. Well, maybe he does worry but he is so good at hiding them or managing them. Its not fair for me to say he never worry though, he is also human. But I salute him for having that strength, or I think thats a talent. And another thing I admire about him, is that he could switch off just like that. What I mean by that was, he could sleep at night even he has a huge problem to look into. He said he could just switch everything off and have a good night sleep and worry about it when he wakes up. It was so different from me. I could never do that. I could not switch off. I guess thats what nature defines a man and a woman. Women worry too much. And in the end it takes it toll and women always look older than man. Thats what happen with us anyway lol.

I remember when we were in Beijing, one chinese lady shop owner thought I was his mother! His mother? How old did l look like? 60? We played along for a while and asked the woman how old my husband was. And she said, 28. 28??? Hahaha... Funny right? Or was it weird? It took a while for me to recover from the shock, what a offending remarks! So you know what I mean? Thats my whole point, how I looked older than him although hubby is 4 years older than me. Sigh... time for those age defying cream huh, huhu.

Anyway, back to our appointment yesterday. Ok, I went for 3 tests, normal x-ray, breast ultrasound and mammogram. It took almost one hour of test, took longer than we expected. I had to change 3 times to hospital gown in 3 different room. Made me wonder why didn’t all the x-ray machines to be in the same room? Save time, save space and space laundry detergent for the 3 hospital gowns. Am I right or not? Emm... well, thats just me, who always question everything.

The first x-ray, no problem. This is just to check my abdomen or torso. For my heart, liver, tummy, pancreas and kidney. This was the shortest x-ray amongst the 3, done in a zip. Then I moved on to the next test and thats the mammogram. The dreaded test, I was so worried about. Not that it was harmful but more to the physical thing that will happen to me which I am not going to elaborate here, hahaha. It took about 15 minutes and it was over. Everything that I imagined happened and it was so uncomfortable and i didn’t like it one bit. But I knew this was a very important test and I knew I must went through it. The machine was intimidating enough, and I was lucky the nurse was very gentle in handling the situation. So all was good. The last test was the ultrascan of the breast. It was done in a zippy too. Nothing invasive here, and I got to lay down in bed and relax and let the nurse do her ‘thing”, hahaha. As I said it took almost one hour while hubby was waiting for me outside.

Once everything was done, we said thanks, went home and later proceeded to the outpatient department for hubby’s results. Wow.. alhamdulilah, he was given a clean bill of health except one minor issue, fatty liver. Not sure what that was though, he may need to control his cholesterol level but I think his was under control already. Anyway, we were happy he was ok, everything from the test was normal so its good news. We’ll just have to wait for my result next week, I hope all will come negative and I will be given a clean bill of health too.

I was intimidated with the size of this machine, the Mamography machine.

The room where the Mammography machine is, I was waiting here for my turn and being questioned by the nurse.

The other test, the ultrasound machine.
The sign on the door.
The room to the x-ray room - diagnostic imaging department.
On our way to the diagnostic department.

The many departments of the clinic.

The entrace we used from the back of the building.

The road leading up to the clinic - the clinic signage

No comments: