Friday 25 February 2011

Christchurch in ruins

I was sad to note about the devastating 6.3 magnitude earthquake in Christchurch last tuesday.  Its the 2nd one in less than 9 months.  It was so shallow that it ruined so many buildings in Christchurch and shortened alot of lives too.  We were there in the city in 2009 and had a wonderful time.  We all love the place.  Its very nice and the people were equally friendly and respectful.  My heart goes out to everyone in Christchurch.  We always wanted to go back but after the earthquake I am not sure if its a good idea to visit again.  I mean, what is left there after the ruins?






I wonder if that beautiful metal structure survives.  I was looking all over the internet for it if the picture of it but to no avail.


More memorable picture, at the Cathedral Square where there were stalls selling stuff.

I am sure this building no longer there.

A building no more.

No comments: