Thursday 17 February 2011

BSB is buzzing!

I should have brought a camera.  It was so beautiful today.  I've been working here for almost 3 months now and I never seen BSB so busy as today.  This is my first hand experience being in the centre of town and witness this.  At first I wondered whats going on but then I remembered, the country will celebrate its 27th independence day next week.  Oh... thats it! 

When I came to work I noticed there were so many people mingled around, some in casual clothes and some in sports uniforms.  More cars than usual too. I thought wow.. there must be some functions going on, or maybe there was a jogging tournament or something.  How ignorant of me, lol.  Well.. its next week - 23rd Feb its the independence day and these people were doing rehersal for the celebrations!

I think rehersal started at around 8am and me and a few colleagues went out in the balcony at around 10am and watched the rehersal in full swing, from our 12th floor.  Our office is exactly infront of the Padang Omar Ali Saifudin so we did have a good view. It was awesome, so colourful and a big participation could be seen, maybe around 10 thousand people, or more? But well.. they need more practice.  So improvement people!  The performance need improvement, you all could do better.  Still have plenty of room to better yourselves.  Believe me, I could see so many faults from the 12th floor!  I hope everything will be perfect on the day itself.

Need to find out when is the next full dress rehersal and I must remember to bring my camera!  Because I wont be here on the actual day itself, emm...

No comments: