Wednesday 14 April 2010

Something to ponder

I have something to ponder today. Just found out from a colleague a friend of ours (well, we used to be from the same dept) has cancer. It came as a shock and I didn’t expect this to happen. She is a diabetic, has to inject herself every day to keep her sugar level at bay. And now this. I feel a sense of apprehension about her. Its that dreaded disease again.

If i can be totally honest, I used to envy her. She has everything a woman could dream of. A good career, a mother to 4 beautiful children, good family and so on. Although she is a diabetic for a long time but that didn’t hinder her from having a good life. She is a picture of health, always happy and laughing. But hey what do you know? Life is so full of the unexpected. I wonder how she is doing right now since I haven’t spoken to her for a long time. Although I know she’s been away from office quiet alot. Poor girl.

Subha Nallah, Allah is the Greatest. When I thought at times how I am missing alot, so many things slipped from my hand. So many unfulfilled dreams. I used to look at people who seems to have everything in life, and envy them. Always ask myself how they could be so lucky? How they always want something and get them? But then I was awakened with this kind of news. I am so sad for her, and realise how the treatment going to be like but Allah is so merciful and so fair. I may be tested in other ways but I was also spared from such hardships. And I just need to go to that pre-screening next week and I leave everything in His hands. Allahuakbar! He knows what to do. And He never disappoints His subjects. I just want to cry and praise the Al-Mighty. It turned out my life is not so bad afterall.

Alhamdulilah.

No comments: