Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sungkai at Taurean Cafe at the Arch

Another outing last night. This time at Taurean Cafe at the Arch. Lovely place and I love the ambience although the cafe was a bit small in size. We got the outside tables under the shades (inside was full) and we all felt like in a resort with the big umbrellas and all. Something different for a change. The day was breezy but it was very near to the main  pasar gadong road so we could see lots of traffic. The food was ok, similar to the rest but I liked their bee hoon goreng better, its a different taste from what i’ve tasted before, emm..

Now the down side or shall we call tips if you want to go for this restaurant. You have to pay a DEPOSIT if you want to book for tables. What? A bit unusual and we’ve never encountered such a system anywhere else. My brother argued with them but to no avail, sigh. NO drinks for the sungkai except provided by the waiters/waitresses. So a bit troublesome to keep asking for more refill. As you all know, we all could be so thirsty after the fast. You could order different drinks of course with different price. And no dates (the fruit)! I always break my fast with dates but none was provided here.

Anyway it was still a good outing with the family so its still ok!




The Arch, my first time here

Our tables under the shades, I liked it here

Sad and surprise look!

The drink provided to break the fast.  No other drink was provided except you asked for it from the menu with a price, of course.

The heavy traffic at Jalan Pasar Gadong heading to Kiulap roundabout.

Join the queue!

Almost there!

Now we are into the food!

I like this bee hoon goreng.

ABC anyone?

While waiting to break my fast.

No comments: