Monday 29 August 2011

Ramadhan almost over.

Hari Raya celebration will be here very soon. And as the norm, everyone was so busy doing all the preparations to welcome the festive season. Everyone must buy new stuff!  A must?  Thats how it is here.  And new paint of the house?  New curtains?  Although as for some people, I know this for a fact.  They dont really practice Ramadan but when it comes to Raya, they are the one who spends so much and prepare so much.  I guess they dont really know what Ramadan and Aidul Fitri are all about!

Anyway, during my few outings, I can see the town areas are packed, traffic jams were two folds, much worst than anytime in the whole year. Most shopping complexes are offering good bargains (thats what they say but I don’t know). Whist as much as possible I try to reduce my outing to the shopping complexes during this time, but there are times that I had to. Unless it is absolutely necessary then we will venture out and we prefer to go to less popular and smaller ones as opposed to bigger places like the mall. I just cant stand the crowds!

Last Saturday, our daughter wanted to buy some nice and beautiful shoes.  So we went to the Mall, very early in the morning before most shops were not even opened, lol.  Just to beat the traffic, less people and good parking spot.  My daughter, for the first time ever in her young years, she wants to wear heels!  She said its about time, she usually wear flat shoes and sandals hahaha, so why not??  I feel its time too. Afterall she is now 17. She should act like the young lady she is and I have no objection. So far, our daughter hasn’t ventured into adulthood just yet. She doesn’t wear make up, she wears flat shoes and has no boyfriend, lol. I am gonna let her to ease herself up, bit by bit. I know its going to be a slow transition for her but I don’t have any problem with that. In fact I want it to be slow since I still couldn’t afford to lose that sweet child into adulthood.

Coming back to the Raya celebration, I cant help but feel sad that Ramadan is almost over. In 2 days! May Allah bless us with long life so we all could meet another Ramadan in another year. I am not sure if I have done lots of good deeds during this time but I do hope all my amalan will be accepted by Allah SWT, Amin.



The traffic along the road where traffic jam is seldom.

Where did all the cars go to?

At night along Jalan Gadong

At the mall when the shops just opened and no body around.

Look, isnt it nice to shop like this?

Some really nice shoes on display and my daughter had hers.

Still a bit deserted when we arrived.

Haha.. even during Ramadan?  Do you still have to do this?  Where is your respect, people?




No comments: