Wednesday 31 August 2011

Selamat Hari Raya 2011

Salam, Eid Mubarak 2011.  Alhamdulilah, we are in the midst of celebrating Eid in Brunei.  The announcement of the sighting of the moon was made yesterday evening over Radio and Television Brunei (RTB) by the Chief Judge of Syariah High Court, State Judiciary Department, Prime Minister's Office, Dato Seri Setia Ustaz Awang Haji Muhammad Zaimi bin Haji Talip, thus Eid/Shawal 1432H in Brunei falls on wednesday 31st August 2011.

I was amazed on how fast the time flew.  I feel we just celebrated and embraced Ramadhan and now its gone and over for this year. The one month just slipped away!  Although Hari Raya is always an anticipated festive time, I also feel so sad that Ramadhan wont be here again until the next year.  I find Ramadhan was such  a blissful time, for the fact that its such a holy month, a month of restrains, and a month where it taught us on how to be a good muslim, to reflect and to think about our own existance.  Its not all about all these worldy possessions, but also to think about the afterlife.  And I love the fact that I didnt have to worry about breakfast and lunch, and snack and drinks in between, lol.  I break the fast everyday and control my in take of food and I must say its all worth it.  I didnt expect to lose any weight but I did!  I really did, 2kg, in fact. Wow!!!

Anyway, salam Aidil Fitri to all.  We are happy to celebrate Eid this year.  We waited for the announcement last night although we came to know about it a bit earlier than everyone else, from reliable sources.  The day just flew by again, gatherings with both my parents and my inlaws and visit to the cemetary is a must.  Done that for this year.


No comments: