Tuesday 9 August 2011

Facebook Phenomenon

Everyone has their own Facebook these days, including us. Me and hubby  have our own account and our daughter too, although I guess I am the laziest person in the whole of Brunei to update my profile, status or whatever action I need to do. And I have the less number of friends as well, less than 20 hahaha. I know my daughter is very active user but me and hubby not so. Crazy right? 750 million users in the world.

Not bad for the founder, Mark Zuckerberg  who started the website with his fellow Harvard students. He is now the CEO/President of Facebook, owned 24% of the company and worth around US$6.9billion, not bad for a Harvard drop out.

This figures interest me, so I google about Brunei. What about us? How are we doing in terms of users, activities, etc. So I found this site.
 Which gives me a glimpse on how Brunei reacts to the whole thing. In summary there are 219,700 users in Brunei and ranked 110 in the world. There are 50% male and 50% users, emm.. interesting. So that means, more than half of the population in Brunei owns a facebook account, isn’t that amazing?? I guess everyone communicate using Facebook these days, like last night, our daughter told me her teacher just informed her that they have a test today. Using Facebook! Were they not informed during class? Why using Facebook?  And that was not the first time. What a strange world we live in these days.






No comments: