Saturday 12 March 2011

A rant post

Thankgoodness we only have to renew our identity card every 10 years otherwise I dont know whats gonna happen!  I spent 4 hours.... yes 4 hours at the Immigration dept today just to renew my IC, its almost expired, in 2 days to be exact.  So had to do the inevitable.  And it was really a torturous experience. 

I arrived around 9am got my number amid all the sea of people and found a good seat.  I was already weary looking at my number.  I got queue number 1164 whereas the current number displayed to be served was 1035, that was like 129 people before me?  Hubby advised me to bring along something to read just to pass the time.  So I brought the paper and spent some time reading it but it just didnt do any mercy to me.  I finished reading, (twice!) and I was still there stuck there until 1pm!

I didnt know why it was so slow.  All I know there should be more counter.  And a bigger area.  Or a new process flow.  Maybe photos were taken somewhere else?  Whatever!!!  Someone... yes some genius from the ministry  need to look into this issue and get it solved pronto, its just simply radiculous to spend 4-5 hours (for some people I am sure) to get the ic renewed.   Today there were 4 ladies at the yellow/purple counters and another 4 at the green counter working their butt off entertaining everyone.  And they didnt even break off for lunch but still the queue didnt get any thinner.  Well.. during lunch break, only one lady at the yellow ic counter but there were about 3 ladies at the green ic counters trying their best to do their jobs (I am sure they were, I am just being positive here) .  But it was just so damn slow!  I knew I was not the only one who were already so tired and sleepy doing all the waiting.  I could see people were yawning and rubbing their eyes.  It was really radiculous.  I just couldnt believe it.  Anyway, as I said, at least we didnt have to do it like every year, I would just die!

No comments: