Thursday 10 March 2011

Frangipani Restaurant/Bistro

On our girly weekend, we dropped by at Frangipani Restaurant right in our Kampong for the very first time.  We kind of passed by this restaurant so many times in the past, especially when we went to Baiduri Bank which is at the same block.  It lies very quietly in the middle of the Sengkurong block but I have read a few good reviews so my daughter and I decided to give it a try.

I liked the place the moment I entered. It has a european style kind of bistro with checkered floor and heavy arm chairs.  And the dark brown settings were really nice and comfy.  I guess it caters for younger generation to hang out and relax.  But still good and comfy enough for all ages, like me, and another older couple at our rear lol. 

Now the food.  Well... its very good.  First impression, I was not dissapointed.  Although I didnt try so many dishes but the one I choose was not too bad. My daughter dish was a bit bland and salty but she was not upset so it was good.  My only reservation was the service was a bit slow, it took about 15 minutes for the dishes to arrive, although there were only 3 tables occupied.  But overall it was satisfactory.


The restaurant was a bit small but comfy, I like the book case the most.
The hanging drawing on the wall
Another nice feature of the restaurant, outside tables which looked like a home balcony.
While waiting for our order, we were served a nice but a bit salty peanuts.
This is nice - mushroom soup.
My daughter Sphagetti Carbonara, she liked it but a bit salty.
My lunch - Fisherman basket which was quite nice, this consisted of fried prawn, crab sticks, fish fillets, coleslow and chips.
My daughter favourite drink - carrot juice.
Us during our girly weekend.
My daughter

No comments: