Wednesday 16 March 2011

Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan

I was so slow to record this tragedy, it happened 6 days ago but I am sure the devastation and rescue effort was still going on right this minute.  Its really was tragic.  After NZ, now its Japan.  I was horrified of what I saw on TV, it happened again after the Tsunami in 2004.  A magnitude 9.0 earthquake strikes an area 370 kilometers (230 miles) northeast of Tokyo, Japan, at a depth of 24.5 kilometers.

The offshore quake, the fifth largest worldwide since records began, sparks a major tsunami warning across the Pacific. Within an hour a wall of water up to 9 meters (30 feet) high hits the Japanese coast, sweeping away towns and villages in its path.

Below are some vivid pictures I took from CNN.com of the aftermath.  I cant even imagine what these people must have gone through.


People are scrambling to get food supply which are running low
I would feel and act the same if I was in the same situation
This man was missing for 2 days before he was rescued.  This old was is 60 years old and spent two days floating on a piece of roof in the water.
Cant imagine the devastation
Just to get food supplies is agony, look what they have to pass through.
Lost stare

No comments: