Wednesday 27 August 2008

Project Week

Busy with the bamboo... What is that all about? Ayang has to organise and finish up her anyaman project for PMB. We're almost there, though we dont have much time left. The finished product has to be handed over to the school on saturday. We are at the final stages of the project though so its good. I need to get involved in this too, she cant do it on her own, its too bigger project for a 14 year old girl. This is what having a daughter in secondary is all about. But i am not complaining its been fun, we had a good time doing it with our jokes and laughter. Good bonding time although the project is not that easy. Firstly they needed to look for bamboo and bamboo tree, thats when they had to conquer the jungle to get the product. What a challenge for the students and the teachers. And then they had to split the bamboo into thin slices. This was where its geting tough. My father even contributed by doing the slicing. Then our maid sliced it again into thin pieces. The bamboo is notorious, you can get your hands or fingers cut if you are not careful so its not recommended for those with faint hearted and the children. I dont even dare doing the first few stages. So let me tell again what is needed to make an anyaman. here goes: - sharp knifes, spray paint and our Amah!!

Makes me think how daft these people are for asking these youngsters to be involved in something so dangerous. Well, its dangerous if you need sharp knife! I am not very fond of Ayang taking Art for PMB actually. I would prefer her to take something else, like home science for example. She doesnt even like Art in the first place, and we are not from artistic family anyway. So i am hoping Ayang will get good result especially in her core subjects like Maths, English, Science or Geography so she doesnt have to take Art again next year. For me it doesnt help Ayang to accomplish anything. Ayang doesnt even like it. Thats how out of place subject Art is in our household. I didnt even took Art in my school years so i basically have no idea what to expect with this subject. I am learning myself although reluctantly.

Tomorrow we will continue with the project and i am hoping all will be finished by friday. We will have to see how it come about in a few days. Till then, good luck to us!

No comments: