Tuesday 5 August 2008

I am a working mother.

Today my husband asked me to update my blog. Am i up to this yet or what. Does someone has to remind me to update my own blog? Isnt that hillarious?? hehehe. Its about time anyway.

I went for a site visit at work today. My first since i joined this company. It was interesting, well its always like that when you did something for the first time, isnt it. We went to SCOT today and visit the tanks. Some activities are going on so we went to make sure all are in order and in safe condition. Although i didnt know what to expect but tried to absorb as much as i can. To be on a work site is difinitely different from being in the office.

For one, i got to wear a coverall and the rest of the safety gears. Another first for me, i dont need to wear this kind of apparel when i am in the office but here in the worksite its a must! I felt so awkward, couldnt even walked properly in my safety shoes, but hey.. i will get there somehow.

The work site turned out to be under the sun. The weather was just so hot! The heat was simply out of this world and i was drenched in sweat. I pitied those people who had to be there and do their job from 7am to 6pm. I just simply couldnt do it day in and day out. Maybe i am just so used to being in the aircon room all day long. Anyway, its good that the company they are working for really take good care of their welfare by providing good shelter & good safety gears, there was even a big water bottle for them to drink on when they need to replenish their water intake.

Well this is jut the beauty of being in a new department. You get to do different things. I never went to a site visit in my previous job so its good that i got to do this. Its like its a totally different world altogether and i am proud to say, a mother's job is not only in the kitchen and take care of the family.

I may go for another site visit again this week so watch this space.

No comments: