Sunday 28 November 2010

Long lost friend

Ok.. this is weird.  For the past few days I've been thinking about someone.  Whom I havent met close to 20 years.  Its all started when I stumbled upon her wedding invitation card when I cleared up some space in one of the cabinets.  The wedding dated back to 10th January 1993.  And the card was posted alot earlier than that.

The card was from a girl who lived in Singapore whom I knew when I was alot younger.  She was a pen friend of a colleague at my previous post.  They wrote to each other for a while and decided to meet when we were sent for a computer course in Singapore.  He met her with all of us in tow, haha.  Then we met regularly after that, we went places and she even invited all of us to her house for dinner and met her family.  We became very close in that short period of time.  I got a feeling that she fell for this guy.  I was not sure if the guy had a mutual feeling but they did look so cute together.

We remained in contact for a few years after that although in the end, it seemed life had other plans for us.  Everyone drifted apart until one day I got her wedding invitation in Singapore and she also wrote that she was sorry she didnt keep in touch more regularly and promised to write more.  Havent heard from her since.  And I didnt attend the wedding.

Fast forward, its almost 20 years now.  And here I am thinking about her.  Wondering how is she doing, how she looks like after all these years. How many kids she had.  I wish I knew how and where to find her.  When I told hubby about her, hubby asked me to check FB, who knows she might be there somewhere.  But then again, I guess most people dont use their real names in FB so the chances are still slim.   We gave it a try nevertheless and unsuccessful.  We even went further to ask someone who had the same name as her if she knew my friend but to no avail.

We tried to look for Singapore website for long lost friend as well but no luck yet.  I know this not an easy task but wouldnt it be great if our path crossed again?  I would love to see her again.  I still can remember how she looked like.

Its even better if I knew how to contact her soon since we will be leaving for Singapore in less than 3 weeks.  Wouldnt it be great if we could meet and reminisce about the old times on this trip?

So I am looking for pointers.  Or tips on how to look for a long lost friend.  I wonder anybody out there know Hamidah Bee Abdul Wahid from Beduk North Road, Singapore.


No comments: