Wednesday 10 November 2010

Interview

What an ironic condition I was in the workplace today!

I was being interviewed at the same room just a month ago and got the job, yay.... And today I was there again but this time as an interviewer! There were a few candidates who interested to take over my old job (about time! Can we move on already and I can be in my new job full time?) and we conducted the interview to see their suitability. Very important for me since I have to ensure that my potential successor is the most suitable for the job . Pity those folks in the office if we just choose randomly without looking at what they can do and offer for the job.

Anyway, it went well, we basically have identified who should be sitting in there. And I cant wait for her to take over. Though there are still some paperwork and documents to be finalised but I am positive someone will be chosen.

But what I wanted to blog about was the irony of it all. Being an interviewer as opposed to the interviewee was a better position I think. I didn’t feel nervous because I know its not me that was being scrutinised so its all good ;). And I did understand what the candidates must feel. Its very nerve wrecking of course, you are sitting in one corner and being asked with all sorts of questions, even the interview room is very intimidating with tables and chairs with no windows. It sure felt like you are being interrogated or something. Whoever being interviewed here sure feel like a criminal one way or another, haha.

Ok, thats not even funny when you went for an interview.










No comments: