Wednesday 17 November 2010

Salam Eid ul-Adha

I have a very low-key Eid ul-Adha this year, in fact we didnt even celebrate it, which is such a pity.  Last year, we had an open house for family.  But not this year. I went to work instead for 2hrs.  Never in my working life have done that, but this new job requires me to do so.  Its fortunate that the office is only about 20 minutes away and I have said my committment to perform my duties.

Another reason why there was no celebration was because our daughter was having her exam today.  The exam has been fixed and since Eid ul-Adha was pushed back one day later, then the exam still had to go on.  She and the rest of her friends have Physics today despite the celebration.  But I think its ok, its not really a big deal. 

Spent my afternoon browsing the internet for some pictures of Hajj this year, and came across this website with really amazing pictures!  Just look at these, there are really brilliant, make me proud to be a Muslim.  I took these pictures from this site : http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/11/hajj_2010.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed4.  My blog here doesnt do justice to these pictures. Go and see, you'll be amazed!







No comments: