Saturday 20 November 2010

I am free!

Thats my daughter!  LOL...

She finishes her exam yesterday, after having it for the past month.  Her last paper was Bio, her favourite subject and she went home with a big smile on her face!

She said she and her friends screamed out loud right after the exam ended.  Such a big relief for everyone.  And she said - NOW I AM FREE!

She will be free for the next 2-3 months before the result was announced.  So for now she's gonna chill and relax.  Anticipating the result will be another matter, haha.

I will let her relax for a bit.  Afterall she deserves it, its been a long and tiring road to be at the end of this.  She has done her best to study and did what she was supposed to do.  I think she has done everything in her power to revise and answered all the papers.  Its all passed.  And the future is there and now. 

I asked her what she wanted to do to celebrate? She looked at me in the face and asked me back. What? Celebrate?  I will celebrate when I know my result! What a sensible thing to say, lol.  She said she just want to release the tension of the exam, maybe go for a movie with her friends or something.  And she said she wanted to go to the latest Harry Porter movie with me tomorrow.  Well.. not a big HP fan, but why not?  Hubby said it the movie would be ok to watch, with the affects and the wizards and all.  We'll see about that.

Still a long time before we know the result.  So for now, its a down time.  A lazy time for her and I am gonna let her do her things for a while.  Its going to be fun for her.  She's gonna be busy with lots of things I am sure.  And the first on the list is she will be doing her Khatam Al-Quran at her school next week,a and will be involved in rehersals few times.  Too bad parents were not invited, I sure want to see her khatam. 

With all these commotions behind us, I just realise again that my daughter is growing up.  She will be in Form 6 next year and will be off to Uni for the next 2 years.  She flies of the nest, eventually.  She will be on her own most of the time very soon, and I am gonna let her live her on life.  I am not looking forward to that but has to be done.  Its so sad but she is a grown up now.

(Update : We received the Khatamal Quran invitation for my daughter today for tuesday so its on!)

No comments: