Tuesday 2 November 2010

Honeymoon is over!

I am not talking about any wedding or marriage but I am talking about my new job, lol. 4th November is the day! I am looking forward to the new challenge (or not hehe). I know there is going to be plenty. I am nervous at the same time although getting a new job is not something I haven’t done for a long time. I got this job (my current one) more than 2 years ago so its not that long. But still this job is totally new. Never done anything similar before and that makes it exciting. Although there are many new things to encounter and to get familiar with. And the work I have to do? Pricing! With lots of figures and formulas. I am “rambang mata” with all the files and folders, there are so many of them. No file housekeeping for may be 5 years?! (Note to self : I must remember to do lots of housekeeping and data clean up when I am actually there on my own. And make that a priority!)

I know I am going to be awkward for a few days since everything around me is new and unfamiliar. Well.. I’ve been going to the new department every thersday and friday since October but still I am more on a honeymoon period where people showed me and taught me how to do things. But this month, I am going to be on my own.

The downside of all these are the fact that I still have to be here half of the time, and spend my other half of the time in the new department. Not very convenient and hard on my attention span since I am still have to divide my attention to two jobs. Which my boss think shouldn’t be a problem for me. Why people always high hope for me and confident with my ability to juggle two jobs? Like yesterday was my first time running the whole 10 pages of report to be submitted every 1st day of the month. Mind you this is my first time looking at it and I was still helped by my predecessor, but my new boss already boasted to my other new colleagues at the end of the day that I did that on my own! And I was like, NNNNOOO! I DID NOT do that on my own! Are you all crazy? This was my first time, remember? I was shaking my head behind their back and not sure how to respond. Emm high expectation is so bad, in my opinion, at least!

More later.





No comments: