Sunday 11 July 2010

Twilight Saga : Eclipse

Well, the idea was to fulfill our daughter's craving to watch the next saga of Twilight. She is a big fan, watched the other 2 movies and read the books. So now, its time for us to watch Eclipse after more than a week in cinema here. We expect less crowd but how wrong we were. Still full house. Made reservation around 1pm, after numerous attempts to call the cinema number and failed. At least using our assertiveness skill and our preserverance, managed to call the cinema and got a seat for 6. This time my brother and his family joined us. Although I was a bit sceptical, I was not sure if they would enjoy the movie. Afterall, as far as I know they were more into action movie, like Predator, and not some lovey dovey story like Eclipse. But there were some actions on it so hopefully they would feel their money worth.

We arrived half and hour before the show, got some drinks and popcorns and off we went. The place was packed and got our seat at level F, thats somewhere in the middle of the cinema. Not too bad, we could see some people at worst seats, hehe.

Hubby, me and our daughter enjoyed it, afterall we heard so much about it and knew whats going to happen. However, I feel there were too much kissing scenes, between Bella and Edward. Not really suitable with the kids, which I saw alot of them at the cinema.

The love triangle is getting too much! Jacob was getting more persistent. And the movie was having more actions than the other 2. And I liked the story line when Jacob and Edward agreed to be an alliance to protect the girl they both love. It was such an selfless and unselfish act from both of them.

Some good humour do make a good movie, right? There were some elements of this in the movie, which we really loved. Like when Edward commented Jacob, "Doesnt he own a shirt?" when Jacob was always shirtless. And other time when Jacob mocking Edward with things like, I am warmer than he is, etc...

And it has a great special effect too, especially on the showdown between the wolves and the vampires at the end of the movie, very real indeed. Very good CGI I must say!

AAhhh.. I cant wait to see the next saga, Breaking Dawn. Will there be a wedding between Bella and Edward, now that he proposed and she accepted. Oh wait! Am I a fan now? Amongst all the teenaged girls around the world who are so crazy for Edward and Jacob? LOL... Do you think other older women like this movie too? I dont know, I am so embrassed!

Anyway, from my own perspective, the 1st movie was the best, those times when Bella started to fall in love with Edward and how she found out who he was and he took her flying and experienced his world, nothing beats that. For this one, its a good movie, made you want more and know what will happen next. I enjoyed it although I dont think my brother and his son did lol. Sorry boys!

Rating? 6 / 10.




We arrived at the Empire cinema bright and early.

Us at the movie, sorry about the quality, this is using our Sony Cybershot.

No comments: