Tuesday 20 July 2010

She's gone

I’ve been an ardent reader to a blog belongs to this lady from Malaysia who was suffering from breast cancer. She was in remission for a long time but a few months back, the cancer metastasise (meaning coming back), very rapidly and aggresively.Well.. she passed away yesterday at the age of 42. She left behind a husband and 2 sons.

I feel sad reading about it. I didn’t know her, never met her, but I've done alot of internet browsing of late then stumbled upon her blog and started to keep track of her life and her fight to cancer. What a strange strange world, I feel like I know her, through the cyber. What a fascinating 20th century phenomenon. How we could look into people’s life and how they open themselves up to be read. I am taking this positively, it is a good thing. A lot could be learnt from having such an interest especially with those inspires us the most. Her journey made me think about my own mortality and from her blog inspired me to go for the pre-cancer test in JPMC. I am fascinated with her writing, how she faced all the hardships, her struggles especially towards the end of her life. Innalillahi wainna illaihi rojiuun. She was a fighter but she was also full of smiles and full of positive energy.
Her writing inspired most people, she never gave up, never regret how her life turned out to be, very strong woman even in the mist of her illness, she never forgot her Creator, Allah the All Mighty. She went for Umrah on the last few weeks of her life and wished to die in the holy land, but it was never meant to be. But Insya Allah, I hope she is now in a better place.

No comments: