Wednesday 28 July 2010

First cake!

I am proudly present my daughter first attempt to bake a cake. And she did it well, considering this is her first time. She was excited to try this out so I let her in the kitchen on her own while we were at work and our amah was away. She has hinted how she wanted to try baking something before and I really wanted her to try. She is a girl afterall, and its good if she knows her way around the kitchen.

She bought this mixture for a few weeks already and she got on to it when the opportunities arised. You see she didnt want anyone around when she was in the kitchen so it was good when the house was empty and she had the kitchen all to herself. Hahaha.. I know she feels a bit shy when we are around to see her working, especially for the first time so it was ok. And here is the result.

She did all the deeds, use the measuring cups, the scales, the blender and the oven. I told her I am very proud of her and it was really delicious. But she brushed me off and said what she did was simple, all the ingredients were already there! But I told her she still need to add some eggs, oil and mixed them all up. Not bad for a first timer ;)



No comments: