Monday 12 July 2010

Spain wins world cup 2010

Well, I am not exactly a soccer fan but this morning I did watch the final match. I was bored to death with the 0-0 score until the end. I didnt expect it would be this boring hahaha. I watched too much physical and some of the players were too nasty to each other. Almost all Netherland players got the yellow card and one was ordered out of the field when he received the 2nd yellow card. Horrendous. I was almost fell back asleep at around 4am in the morning haha.

The score happened towards the very end of the next 15 minutes extra time, I think it was 4 minutes remaining. A sigh of relief since I was actually dreading the penalty shootouts if they were still scoreless, and it happened. So many players on both teams waste so many opportunities earlier and it was this player named Iniesta who secured the victory, right at the end when it really mattered. I was lucky I didnt fall asleep then otherwise I might miss the highlight.

But history was in the making last night. Spain won the first world cup ever. That after they won Euro Cup 2008, pretty impressive, huh.


No comments: