Tuesday 9 March 2010

Wake up call

I need to watch out on my diet. I went for my annual medical check up yesterday and found out my sugar level was elevated. That’s a big wake up call, just don’t want end up being a diabetic. It was ok last year, around 5 which is really good, but I have no idea what trigger it this time. Could it be I drank too many sweet drinks, more chocolate than usual? Emm.. I thought I didn’t really consumed too much sugar and I eat even less rice. I have geared up and eat more green vegetables these days but it didn’t show in the blood test. So WTF??? I guess its the age thing and your body starts to betray you. Which is not nice and how could you get your body to cooperate??

But come to think of it, it really kind of normal to me though. What I mean by this is that whenever I try to do something positive to improve something in my life, it always happen the other way around. I had similar mishaps last year when we tried to do that thing, I ended up not doing it although I have tried everything in my power to improve our odds.

We have history of diabetic. My mom is one and I know in Brunei this is number one ailment of most people. But I don’t feel like I want to be in the statistic. So what am I gonna do? More strict diet perhaps?

No comments: