Friday 5 March 2010

Intelligent Traffic Lights?

You get the gist?

I am talking about the traffic lights on Brunei roads. They have their own brains. We noticed this for a while already.

Ever pay attention on how the light works? Do you notice them or you just ignore them when driving? I know some people will just wait until the red light turns green and go. Why should you pay any attention to the lights whilst there are other things around you to see or other interesting things to think about? Right? Wrong!

I give you an example. Say along Jerudong/Mulaut 3 way junctions. If you look at them carefully, you will notice that the green light will stay green when there are cars passing by and no other cars on the opposite side or on the left side. If there are cars on the opposite side then of course, it will work normally according to the pre-set seconds it has to light up. If on the 3 junctions road, only 2 junctions have cars occupying the area then the 3rd junction will have a red light all along until a new arrival cars arrives on that junction. This happens to every traffic lights in Brunei, I think.

I noticed when there was no car on my left then I can go straight right away but when there is a car suddenly arrives, then the traffic light will turn red right away as if it knows of the arrival on my left. Genius right? Or I am the only one who find this interesting? Lol.

We keep this in mind when we travel and see if the other country's traffic lights do the same. No... they dont. So whats so special about Brunei traffic light?


No comments: