Monday 28 May 2012

Driving lessons

For our daughter.  Did I ever mention here that our daughter is all grown up?

Yes I think I did.  A few times, lol.

She is now 18.  And the first she thought of is how to learn to drive.  In fact she is getting better at it.  She has been on the steering wheel numerous time over the years, and since she is now 18, the subject is discussed more often..

I guess its normal here to be able to drive.  In fact thats the first thing people thought of when reaching 18!

She is excited to drive and go places and I dont blame her.  I was in her shoes before.  I knew to drive when I was 16 and got my driving licence the minute I reached 18 so no surprises there.  I think she began her interest of driving when she was 15, I remember we let her drove our rented car in New Zealand while we were on holiday, lol.  I am trying to look for that picture but havent found it.  I will definitely post it when I find it :)

And for now, we do let her to drive ocassionally and with full supervision of course.

Anyway, the other day hubby and I went to LTD to find out on how to apply for a driving licence.  It was donkey years ago for us, I am sure all the rules have changed.  Even the department has moved to Sungai Akar.  A good 20km away from our house. 

We found out she has to apply for a temporary licence first before she could start on anything.  And then we can choose which driving school she can go to to start her lessons and eventually her driving exams.

Once that done, she is ready to drive!  So exciting lol.




The Land Transport Dept where to get the driving exam and licence

The form she has to fill in, with her own handwriting!

This is the place to conduct the driving test or exam

This area is like th real thing, with traffic lights, zebra crossing and all

The driving school personnel where we could get the reference

We are interested on this one since its nearer to home

Look at her!  She couldnt wait to drive.

2 comments:

rae123 said...

I was very pleased to find this site. I definitely enjoyed reading every little bit of it and I have it bookmarked to check out new stuff posted regularly.
Driving Lessons Basildon

Mommy_Dearest said...

Thank you Rae :)