Friday 2 March 2012

My love of reading

One of the things I like to do in my spare time is to read (apart from travelling of course). I love reading and I am glad that my daughter inherited that interest. She loves to read too and has spend alot of money buying books whenever she can. I usually buy a lot of books too and magazines or newspaper. I spend so much time reading whenever I can and I don’t feel good if I don’t read in any time of day. I have to look at something and read!

However ever since I got my galaxy and now laptop, I have not been reading books alot. I switched gear and now spend so much time reading through the internet. And found out that there are so much more to read in the cyberspace! Be it news, articles and blogs! I love reading other people’s blogs. Especially those blogs which are inspirational and emotional, real life experience, the hardship of people and so on. I used to read cancer patients blogs. They are surreal and at times very sad. They made me realise how fortunate my life is. The ups and downs, the sadness, the denial, the emotional and physical pains. Phew... And some of the ladies who owned the blogs died along the way. Although I don’t know them personally still I feel the sadness and the void they left to their families.

These days I read 2 blogs by 2 ladies who are paralysed. Both are from the US and both are really beautiful and young. They had an accident and paralysed from the neck down. Although both ladies are equally beautiful but they are totally different.

Heather who accepted the fact that she is now paraplegic and happy with her life so far.  She was involved in a car accident, had been in a hospital for a long time, doing rehabs and has been paralysed ever since.  But she writes so well, happy and positive.  She is such joy to read (suits her blog very well).  And she posts lovely pictures of her family as well.  She is quite content, although her life is hard but she says she is happy.  Such an inspirational.  Her blog reflects that, its her happy place and she brings happiness to her readers with her.
On the other hand, there is, Christina.   She dived into a shallow pool and broke her neack.  She was feeling so guilty and blamed herself for her accident because of her poor judgement.  She was so unhappy after her accident, very frustrated and sad with her life that she didn’t want to live. Did you all notice the past tense? Yes.. she died. By committing suicide. She refused treatment and refused food for two months until she fell into a coma and died. How sad right?

It amazed me how different these two are. They have their own issues but Heather strived to win her battle but Christina refused to fight and would rather die than being a prisoner in her own body. Its dramatic.

I have finished reading Christina’s blog, there wont be anymore update though. But I still follow Heather’s blog since I enjoy her blog so much.

I am not going to judge.  Both are entitled to their own opinion, decisions in life.  Christina is now gone but I hope Heather will find peace and happiness with her life and I will continue following her life.


Heather


Christina














No comments: