Monday 18 April 2011

Weekend out and about

You tell me what else is there to do in Brunei during the weekend? Eat right? Hehehe. Although I try to cut down on my portion (dont always successful, I must say) but I love trying out these places.

We visited two restaurants in town with family, which turned out not too bad. Both restaurants were actually introduced by my parents, lol. Yes... they know more restaurants in Brunei than we do and I am so impressed with that. They are the type who likes to spend lunch and dinner outside. Only the two of them which is understandable I think. When you reach certain age and retire, and when the kids grow up and have their own families, they have more time on their hands. And for my mom, to cook dishes for 2 people are so not worth it, so they do go out and eat alot.

First we went to a small Indian restaurant very near to our home called Shahzat Restaurant. This restaurant is so popular it never runs out of customers. You are lucky to get a table straight away, the customers are queuing up for tables, the tables never been empty for more than a few minutes. Most people eat Nasi Briyani here, although there are other usual dishes like the nasi campur being served. My dad likes the nasi briyani too and with that in mind, off we went to get some. We got a table right away, after someone left and too bad, they ran out of nasi briyani! The waitress said to wait for half and hour but we were already hungry so opted for other dishes instead. The owner told us, the briyani is very popular (as if we didn’t know already!), they have cooked about 10 times already on that day, wow! Time to get a bigger “periok”??? lol

Then in the evening, we went to a new restaurant called Aiko Sushi Restaurant & Catering in Kiulap behind the Palm Hotel. Again my dad introduced this to us, and I’ve never been there before. They serve a combination of Japanese and Asean Fusion food, like Shabu-Shabu steamboat and local dishes buffet. The buffet is B$6.00 per person which is reasonable and similar rates to most restaurants which offer buffet in Brunei. We opted for the buffet and it was quite good. I like the ambience too, its airy, comfy with Japanese style atmosphere.

So until next time, lol.


The Indian restaurant which never runs out of customers!

My dad was dissapointed that he didnt get his nasi briyani..

We didnt mind actually.
We arrived at Aiko Sushi restaurant

The buffet table


I like the place and the chairs were nice too

Dessert

Time to dig in.

Our table

Simple drinks were served, at least there were hot drinks too.

My dinner

No comments: