Monday 4 October 2010

D's Wedding Day

We attended our young and pretty colleague’s wedding yesterday. It was awesome, due to the fact that it was not held under the hot sun hehe. It was held at Royal Berkshire Hall, Jerudong Polo Club. The weather was really horrendous, I couldn’t even describe how hot it was outside! Even walking from where we parked to the building was torture. I was drenched with sweat just for that few minutes walk.

Once inside, it was great. As everyone knows, the hall was really beautiful, sparkling with marbles and chandeliers. And the airconditioning made it really nice place to be. I saw most of my office mates were there. We were seated quiet far from the stage but it was good seat anyway since there were already too many people arrived.

Before entering the main hall, we got to write on the Guest Book. I had no idea what to write so I ended up writing this, which I think was not so bad, lol.

Hi D.. Congratulations. Enjoy your wedding day and all the days ahead. (Not bad for spontaneity! hehe)
As usual, there was the waiting, waiting for other guests to arrive. Then the bride’s family came and greeted all the guests. A short speech from the family, Thanksgiving prayers and the feast. I loved the food, it was not too bad.


 
Then the bride and groom arrived! Together. Which was really nice and out of the norm. Traditionally and in most weddings, the bride usually arrive first, seated on the Pelamin then the groom arrived. But I like this one better, where they arrived together and everyone was there to observe the special occasions. One thing I noticed also, people didn’t leave until the bride and grooms made their grand entrance. My best bet was, its because of the venue where the guests were really comfortable and leaving as soon as they finished eating was not really on their first priority. If we were under the tents, I am sure most people would leave already haha.

We left soon after that, and wishing D & A, congratulations. May your life together will be full of happiness and bliss.


Venue of the Wedding - Royal Berkshire, Jerudong Polo Club

Me signing the Guests Book



Some of the guests (Bride's side)


The flower girls



The bride and groom making their grand entrance


Bride and groom on the stage


Cute couple!


Me and Ayang


Me and hubby


Me, Ayang and the bride's mom

One of the biggest chandeliers, hanging from the ceiling right above me!

No comments: