Thursday 7 October 2010

A new era and new beginning

A very important and historic moment for me today.  The day was well spent doing handover job for the new department I am about to join.  Really excited for the prospect although at the same time a bit weary of the new things that I need to learn, fast!  Its a fast pace job, and very critical for the whole income of Brunei.

The job requires precision and accuracy to the highest degree, and not even a slightest mistake is allowed.  Very scary but at the same time I know its so very important to get everything right.  I am looking forward to the new challenge, which I am sure going to be plenty. 

The best part of this job is the vicinity, in the middle of BSB, and I dont have to travel to KB anymore once I am on full time basis here.  No more those tiring commutes, no more worries about traffic jam in Sungai Liang if we are late.  And no more excruciating pain of looking for a parking space in the HQ.  Well.. there are traffic jam in BSB but the journey didnt take me 1 1/2hrs to reach office and that is such a relief.  But the only downside is, hubby is not here with me.  He still has to commute and once I am here we no longer be able to have lunch together, as we always do.  I already miss not having him with me today for lunch.  Sigh...  And I am gonna miss my friends in Seria, although not so much, hehehe.

Anyway, its a good day today and I am hoping I will cope well in this new job.

No comments: