Thursday 14 October 2010

Second week

I am into my 2nd week of doing handover task in my new department, learning all the new things and all are quiet challenging.  Its even harder when I can only come here every thursday and friday, since we are still looking for my replacement in my old department.  By last weekend I almost forgot everything that I learnt on the first week, which was quiet scary, lol. 

Its looks like I need to learn all over again.  This job is totally different from my previous ones, amid its so very interesting and good to know whats going on.  But still, learning new things are not as easy as it seems!  Especially at my age lol.  I am determined to learn, because when this guy left, I will be on my own.  There are so many reports to master, so many ad-hoc requests and I need to get everything sorted out at the most quickest time.  Scary!  Like today, after work, I brought home some notes and try to recall what I have learnt, and Ayang was surprise to see me studying my file in bed, hehe.  She commented that she hasnt seen me studying for something for a long time, lol.

But I will get there, I am sure.  I just need some practice and so far so good.  I am begining to grasp on what I am suppose to do here.  What my roles and responsibilites are.  And it is really interesting.

Its going to be alright.  I am enjoying the new job.  My desk is nice.  The new office is  nice too.  Small department.  Did I mention about the view?  Well, I am on the 12th floor and the view from up there is so breath taking.  On one side, there is this beautiful view of the Masjid Omar Ali Saifuddin, and the padang.  And on the other side, its Kampong Air.  I just need to bring my camera next time and take some pictures!

Another interesting aspect, well... not sure if its interesting but these two ladies are one of a kind.  I never met anybody, ok... 2 people who so dislike each other and talk behind each other back most of the time.  I didnt know what the problem is, but they are just not too friendly people, to each other, its so funny.  I've been warned about them, and I kind of knew what to expect.  But still to encounter such a situation really taken me back.

I just dont know what to do with these two ladies.  Maybe I just keep quiet, I dont think its a good idea to support either one, I might as well be "naturale", and not to get too involved.  I've experienced it today, and last week too.  Both ladies tried to bad mouthed each other to me, behind each other's back.  And I almost laughed out loud when they did this.  What some people said about them was indeed true.

Sigh... difficult to comprehend but I am not going to ponder on this.  I just go there to work, do my job and earn a living.  Whatever happen between them are none of my business and I would like it to stay that way.  End of story. 


No comments: