Friday 13 November 2009

That Bruneian girl





Today my post is dedicated for our first Bruneian ever to ski in the South Pole and Antarctica, she is a 25 year old lady named Era and currently has started the expedition with the rest of the 8 women from around the world which make up the Kaspersky Commonwealth Antarctic Expedition team. What a shame that there isnt enough local coverage on her courage and journey. Considering what she is about to accomplish. The rest of the ladies selected are from Cyprus, Ghana, India, Singapore, New Zealand, Jamaica and the UK. The adventure will take 40 days after gruesome training and they will cover an area of over 900 km across Antarctica. Isnt that amazing?

I don’t know how she was selected, as I mentioned there was not enough coverage of her achievement prior to the expedition. What a girl! Imagine being in the South Pole blizzards and snow with temperature below –30C. Not everyone wants to do it even given the chance. Its not an easy challenge, it will test her endurance and her self perseverance and willpower. Mind over matters. Important aspect for being strong.

The expedition is to mark the 60th anniversary of the Commonwealth and the aims are to demonstrate the intercultural understanding and exchange while at the same time highlighting the achievements of women across the world.

I will follow her journey through here, for me its very exciting and challenging. Wish I could be there and see Antarctica for myself since I love snow so much! Hehehe. I don’t mind being in the snow actually. Although I MAY change my mind if I ever was in Antarctica, it can be a rude wake up call for me! lol.

I don’t wish my girl to go through the same ordeal though. Well, but if she is interested then that’s a different story. But looking at how challenging this expedition will be its not for the soft hearted. Maybe Era is the strong one, then its ok. I am hoping she will do Brunei proud, So good luck. You go girl!

Here is the link to read more of their adventure.

http://www.kasperskycommonwealthexpedition.com/index.cfm


And lastly here is our pictures when we went skiing in the snow at Mt Coronet, New Zealand. Only for a short one day. Imagine being in the snow for 40 days.



No comments: