Tuesday 3 November 2009

Living proof of miracles


This is my childhood friend with her husband. I hope you don’t mind me publishing you in my blog darling ;-)

And this is her featured from Brunei news.

http://news.brunei.fm/2009/10/31/living-proof-of-miracles/

She is a cancer survivor, have been fighting cancer since 2005. She is a member of Brunei breast cancer support group and has been very active these days.

I am so glad she is now in remission, and able to enjoy her life again. Although I was not there when she had all her chemo, I know she has gone through a lot. Our parents are neighbours and her mom and my mom used to talk about her struggle. Its so sad. I didn’t know all about her sufferings until much later. And when I knew, I was not sure where my place was. I didn’t know how to offer help or support. All I did was to pray to Allah, may Allah spare her from further ailments and illness. I am thinking about her all the time but at the same time I dont want to appear too pushy, I sure didn’t know what to do. I didnt have enough experience in dealing with such a tragedy I guess but of course I am thinking about her all the time. And contacted her as and when just to hear her news.

We used to play around at our Kampong when we were kids, we went to school together and ended up working for the same company. So I basically know her all my life. She is such a sweet lady, very humble and friendly. I adore her, she lights up when she enters a room, full of life and that’s what I love about her.

So girlfriend, here is wishing you the very best in life. You are such an inspiration, I salute you for being such a strong model to our society. It goes to the rest of your gang as well.

No comments: